2013년 1월 18일 금요일

Response essay of movie "Brave"

Have you ever thought of escaping form your family? I wanted to go away from home so many times. I had fights with my mother every single day of my life when I was in elementary school. So to those of you who have trouble with your mom or dad, I will introduce a movie which might help you.
The name of the movie is "Brave". The main character of this movie is Merida. Merida is the princess of a kingdom. She has learned archery from her dad, the King, since she was a baby. So she is very talented at archery. But since she loved archery , playing outside, riding horse, when it is time for her to get married, it became a trouble. Her mother, the Queen, wants Merida to be a quiet and steady princess. So Merdia tries to change her mother by using a magic potion from a witch. But the magic potion actually "changed" her mother into a bear! So Merida strives to find a way to bring her mother back and from that adventure she learns a true love of family.
My mom is a professor, so I really don't have time to spend with my mom. Also, I have a lot of work to do after school. When I spend times together in the weekend, my mom and I usually get in a fight. I thought that my mom only think about studying when she talks to me. Maybe because I was in the age of puberty. I took that as a serious thing , though I thought my mom could have talked about normal topics. Like a dinner menu, watching movie together.
It's same with Merida's mom. The Queen is just trying to tell Merida to get married no matter what happens. She is not asking Merida's opinion about the magic and making decision not considering Merida.
However, there is something I learned by watching this movie. Mother's love is more powerful than anything. I understand that my mother wants me to be good at something so that's why she always repeats. And it is same with Merida's mother. The Queen wants Marida to be a better princess so she want her to marry with a nice prince. (Which I really think those three prince who showed up in the movie are not handsome enough and have ability to be a prince)
Also, Merida's mom loved Merida so much, so she protected Merida from many dangers. It will be same to all mothers in the world. My mom worries about me every-time.
From now on, I will try my best to communicate with my mother. I will try hard to talk with my mother, understand my mother's feeling as much as I can. I have realized mom is an important thing of my life. And mother's love is most powerful love in the whole world. I hope that Marida keeps in good relationship with her mother, too. Now I wish you could remember that your mother is not going to attack you. She worries about you and love so much and that's why she cares about you so much and do something. Because she knows that it is a right way.

댓글 1개:

  1. Ahhyun,

    This is an excellent essay. You did a very good job presenting your reaction to the movie. I really liked the introduction and also your conclusion. Keep up the great work!

    답글삭제